The name Evans is a boy's name of Welsh origin meaning "the Lord is gracious". Evans and is often added to lists like Variations of John and discussed in our forums with posts like "Generation CAF #73 (w/ occupations)".
From the experts:
Evans is an historic Welsh patronymic surname, derived from Evan, which is a form of John. With Evan's popularity in the U.S. and the U.K. -- it's a Top 50 names -- the stylish s-ending version may also be on the rise.
Lists containing Evans
Evans in Blog Posts
- Celebrity Babies: Latest starbaby name predictions
- British Baby Name Trends of 2018
- Latest Baby Name News from Around the Globe
- New Starbabies Born in March: From Bridget to Booker to Buzz
- Best Starbaby Names of 2013: Scout, Sage and McCartney
- Unexpected Names for Girls: Edelweiss, Marceline, and Cee Cee
Evans in the Forums
16 names similar to Evans
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Evans. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Evans, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!