Enoch Origin and Meaning
The name Enoch is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "dedicated".
A major figure in the Old Testament, Enoch was the son of Jared, the father of Methuselah, and the great-grandfather of Noah whose Book of Enoch provides a focal point for ancient Jewish mysticism. Enoch Powell, English politician, academic, and poet, brought political and scholarly heft to this name. Another Enoch was the son of Cain. "Enoch Arden" is a famous poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
# 778 in the US
Enoch Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Enoch
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Enoch.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Enoch
Famous People Named Enoch
- John Enoch PowellBritish politician, classical scholar, linguist and poet
- Alfie EnochBritish actor who played Wes Gibbins in "How To Get Away With Murder"
- Enoch Daniel Costa (b. 2009)son of Ashly DelGrosso & Mike Costa
Enoch in Pop Culture
- Enoch "Nucky" Thompsoncharacter on Boardwalk Empire
- Enoch Braemain character of the movie Restless
- Enoch Emerycharacter in Flannery O'Connor's book Wise Blood
- Enoch Snowa character in the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical "Carousel"
- Enoch Ardennarrative poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Enoch O'Connorcharacter from the "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" series by Ransom Riggs
- Enocha character from the rpg horror game "OFF"
- Brother EnochSilent Brother in Cassandra Clare's novels