Eluned Origin and Meaning
The name Eluned is a girl's name of Welsh origin meaning "idol, image".
Romantic and mysterious, Eluned's beauty and intelligence were legendary in Welsh legend; she was the handmaiden of the Lady of the Fountain in a Welsh Arthurian romance, who had a magic ring that made the wearer invisible. Pronunciation is usually similar in emphasis to Eleanor, but with ned instead of nor at the end. However, it's sometimes also pronounced el-LIN-ed or even shortened to Luned, the sounce of Lynette, in Tennyson's Gareth and Lynette.
20 Names Similar to Eluned
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eluned.
Lists containing Eluned
Famous People Named Eluned
- Saint Eluned aka Luned or Lynetteof Wales
- (Mair) Eluned MorganBaroness Morgan of Ely, British politician
- Eluned MorganWelsh,Argentinian writer
- Eluned ParrottWelsh politician
Eluned in Pop Culture
- Lunetehandmaiden and advisor to the Lady of the Fountain in Arthurian legend, described in Chrétien de Troyes' 'Yvain, the Knight of the Lion as "a charming brunette, prudent, clever and polite..."
- Eluneda beautiful elf in RuneScape
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.