Elihu Origin and Meaning
The name Elihu is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "Jehovah is God".
Rarely used in the last two centuries, but might be worth dusting off and holding up to the light.
20 Names Similar to Elihu
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Elihu.
Lists containing Elihu
Famous People Named Elihu
- Elihua young man in the Book of Job
- Elihuof the tribe of Manasseh, follower of David (1 Chr. 12:20)
- Elihuson of Shemaiah, Levite porter (1 Chr. 26:7)
- Elihu Benjamin Washburne25th US Secretary of State
- Elihu RootUS Senator and 38th US Secretary of State
- Elihu YaleGovernor of the British East India Company; Welsh namesake of Yale University
- Elihu ThomsonEnglish,American engineer and inventor
- Elihu BurrittAmerican diplomat and philanthropist
- Elihu VedderAmerican symbolist painter
- Elihu LauterpachtBritish academic and lawyer
- Elihu Mason HarrisAmerican politician from California
Elihu in Pop Culture
- Elihu Smailsjudge in film "Caddyshack"
- Elihu Willssoncharacter in Dashiell Hammett's "Red Harvest"
- Elihu Yalethe Atlanta Police Chief in Tom Wolfe's "A Man in Full"
- Elihu "Sam" Nivenscharacter in Robert A. Heinlein's The Puppet Masters
- Elihu Whipplecharacter in the H. P. Lovecraft short story "The Shunned House"
- Elihu Hoopesamnesiac character in Joyce Carol Oates' The Man Without a Shadow