Latinate form of Eleanor
Eleanora Origin and Meaning
The name Eleanora is a girl's name of Spanish, Italian origin.
Eleanor is back, Nora is back, and soon Eleanora will be too. Off the charts since the 1930s, this elaboration of the classic Eleanor was in common use for decades before falling from favor. Spelling Eleonora adds yet another syllable to make the pronunciation el-LAY-oh-nor-a, and you can try to instruct people to say Eleanora that way too, but most will pronounce it like Eleanor with an a at the end and that's just fine. That final vowel gives a serious, stately name a little flip at the end, making it more distinctive and modern if not right for every taste.
20 Names Similar to Eleanora
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Eleanora.
Lists containing Eleanora
- Four Syllable Names for Girls
- Alternatives to Isabella
- Classic Girl Names That Aren't Boring
- Unique Vintage Names for Girls
- Cool Classic Girl Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Best Italian Baby Names
- Unique Girl Names: Unusual Names for Your Baby Woman
Famous People Named Eleanora
- Eleanora Faganbirth name of American singer Billie Holiday
- Eleanora DuseItalian actress
- Eleanora SearsAmerican tennis player
- Eleanora EhrenbergůCzech soprano
- Eleanora Luisa GonzagaDuchess of Rovere and Montefeltro as wife of Francesco Maria de' Medici
- Eleonora Maria Josefa Rosa Filipa Miguela Gabriela Rafaela Gonzaga de Orléans e Bragança e WittelsbachPrincess of Ligne, wife of Michel, 14th Prince of Ligne
- Eleanora HopeBob Hope's daughter
Eleanora in Pop Culture
- Eleanorashort story by Edgar Allan Poe
- Eleanorasong recorded by Percy Faith
- Eleanoracharacter in the Seer of Shadows by Avi
- Eleanora Poecharacter in "A Series of Unfortunate Events"