Don Origin and Meaning
The name Don is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "proud chief".
Short form of Donald -- or more stylishly, Donahue or Donovan -- that's acquired a new sixties-era suaveness thanks to Mad Man Don Draper. The name also carries a Sopranos or Godfather-style double entendre.
20 Names Similar to Don
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Don.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Don
Famous People Named Don
- Donald Frank "Don" CheadleAmerican actor
- Donald Jay "Don" RicklesAmerican comedian
- Jesse Donald "Don" KnottsAmerican actor/comedian
- Donnie Wayne "Don" JohnsonAmerican actor
- Isaac Donald "Don" EverlyAmerican musician of The Everly Brothers
- Don "HalfPint" Santos, American singer formerly of R&B group Immature
- Donald "Don" TallonAustralian cricketer
- Donald Allan "Don" DunstanAustralian politician
- Donald John "Don" TrumpJr., businessman and son of U.S. President Donald Trump
- Donald Ray "Don" WilliamsAmerican country singer
- Donald Tai Loy "Don" HoAmerican pop singer
Don in Pop Culture
- Donald Francis "Don" Drapermain character on TV's "Mad Men"
- Donald "Don" Eppescharacter on TV's "Numb3rs"
- Don ArgentisHigh Entia man and Father of En and Zel Argentis in Xenoblade Chronicles
- Don Lockwoodmain character in “Singin in the Rain”
- Dona Spanish, Portuguese, southern Italian, and Filipino title, given as a mark of respect
- Dona crime boss, especially in the Mafia
- Dona resident assistant or tutor at a university
- Don Lothariocharacter in the Sims franchise
- Doncharacter in the manga/anime series "The Promised Neverland"