Coen Origin and Meaning
The name Coen is a boy's name of Dutch origin meaning "bold advisor".
Like many short forms now popular as full names in the Netherlands, Coen—also spelled Koen—originated as the diminutive of the more old-fashioned Coenraad, the Dutch Conrad. May be confused in the US with Cohen, which stems from the Jewish surname designating a priest.
# 940 in the US
Coen Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Coen
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Coen.
Lists containing Coen
Famous People Named Coen
- Coen Cuser14th,century Dutch knight who founded a house for the poor
- Coen Dillen (1926–1990)Dutch footballer
- Coen Flink (nl) (1932–2000)Dutch actor
- Coen Gortemaker (born 1994)Dutch footballer
- Coen Hissink (1878–1942)Dutch silent film actor
- Coen Janssen (fr) (born 1983)Dutch keyboardist of the band Epica
- Coen Maertzdorf (born 1993)Dutch footballer
- Coen Moulijn (1937–2011)Dutch footballer
- Coen van Oven (1883–1963)Dutch painter
- Coen Verbraak (born 1965)Dutch journalist and television producer
- Coen Vermeltfoort (born 1988)Dutch racing cyclist
- Coen van Vrijberghe de Coningh (1950–1997)Dutch actor and musician
- Joel and Ethan CoenAmerican movie directors
Coen in Pop Culture
- Billy Coencharacter in the Resident Evil series
- Pronunciation: Koon
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.