Clelia Origin and Meaning
The name Clelia is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "famous".
The obscure yet not unappealing name of a legendary heroine of Rome. The ancient Clelia escaped an Etruscan invader by swimming across the Tiber River.
20 Names Similar to Clelia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Clelia.
Lists containing Clelia
- Classic Baby Names with a Twist
- Names That Mean Fame and Fortune
- Literary Girl Names
- European Names
- Literary Baby Names
Famous People Named Clelia
- Saint Clelia BarbieriItalian founder of Sisters Minims of Our Lady of Sorrows
- Clelia MataniaBritish,Italian actress
- Clelia Duel MosherAmerican hygienist and women's health advocate
- (Clelia Maria Josepha) Giuseppina StrepponiItalian operatic soprano; second wife of composer Giuseppe Verdi
- Clelia IruzunBrazilian pianist
- Clelia BompianiItalian painter
- Clélia ReuseSwiss Olympic runner
- Clelia Grillo BorromeoItalian mathematician and scientist
- Clelia Durazzo GrimaldiItalian botanist and marchesa
Clelia in Pop Culture
- Cleliacharacter from 'la Fidelite'
- Clelia Conticharacter in 'The Charterhouse of Parma' by Stendhal
- Princess Claeliacharacter in 'The Cloister and the Hearth' by Charles Reade