Clarice Origin and Meaning
The name Clarice is a girl's name of Italian origin meaning "bright, clear".
If you’re a fan of the annual animated Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, you’ll recognize the name of Rudolph’s beautiful doe sweetheart, pronounced cla-REES—uncomfortably close to the Silence of the Lambs pronunciation. Clarice was the name of the wife of Lorenzo de' Medici, and Clarice Cliff was a famed British ceramics artist. Though a Top 300 name from 1906 to 1934, modern parents might prefer the more delicate Clarissa.
20 Names Similar to Clarice
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Clarice.
Lists containing Clarice
Famous People Named Clarice
- Chaya Pinkhasovna "Clarice" LispectorBrazilian novelist
- Clarice Orsiniwife of Lorenzo de' Medici; mother of Pope Leo X
- Clarice CliffEnglish ceramic artist (pronounced CLAIRE,iss)
- Clarice TaylorAmerican actress
- Clarice AssadBrazilian classical and jazz musician
- Ariana Clarice RichardsAmerican actress
Clarice in Pop Culture
- Clarice Starlingmain character in book/film "The Silence of the Lambs"
- Claricereindeer in animated special "Rudolph the Red,Nosed Reindeer"
- Lady Claricecharacter in anime film "The Castle of Cagliostro"
- Clarice Willowcharacter on TV's "Caprica"
- Clarice Beanmain character in the children's book series by Lauren Child
- Clarice Crowcharacter on TV's "The Worst Witch"
- Clarice Honeywill Heimanncharacter in "The Marsden Case" by Ford Madox Ford
- Clarice Kensingtoncharacter in film "It Takes Two"
- Clarice Ewingcharacter on American soap "Another World"
- Clarice Ferguson aka Blinkcharacter in X,Men comics
- Mrs. Clarice Thackerycook on TV's "Upstairs, Downstairs," pronounced CLAIRE,iss
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.