Carew Origin and Meaning
The name Carew is a boy's name of Welsh origin meaning "fort near a slope".
Noted bearers of this surname include a metaphysical poet, a Nobel Prize winner, and a baseball Hall of Famer, so there's plenty of hero-name inspiration.
20 Names Similar to Carew
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Carew.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Carew
Famous People Named Carew
- Rod CarewPanamanian,American Hall of Fame baseball player
- Thomas Carew (?15951640), English poet, diplomat and author
Carew in Pop Culture
- Mad Carewthe tragic hero of the dramatic ballad 'The Green Eye of the Yellow God' (1911) by J. Milton Hayes
- The surname is pronounced either as spelled or as 'Carey'.
- Emma Carewcharacter in the musical "Jekyll and Hyde"