Greek"one who excels"
Cadmus Origin and Meaning
The name Cadmus is a boy's name of Greek origin meaning "one who excels".
Cadmus is the name of the serpent-slaying hero of Greek mythology who also founded the city of Thebes and is credited with inventing the alphabet. Its ancient feel might appeal to modern parents — especially since Cadmus Peverell is a human Harry Potter character, one of the three original owners of the Deathly Hallows.
20 Names Similar to Cadmus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cadmus.
Lists containing Cadmus
- Names from Harry Potter
- Ancient Roman Names for Boys
- Mythology Boy Names
- Best One-of-a-Kind Names for Boys
- Mythological Names
Famous People Named Cadmus
- Cadmus of Miletusancient Greek historian
- Cadmus Marcellus WilcoxAmerican Confederate general
Cadmus in Pop Culture
- Cadmushero in Greek mythology
- Cadmus Peverellcharacter in the "Harry Potter" series by J.K. Rowling
- "Cadmus et Hermione" musical tragedy by Jean,Baptiste Lully
- Project Cadmusgenetic engineering project in DC Comics