Diminutive of Sebastian or Basil; Kurdish"regal; falcon"
Baz Origin and Meaning
The name Baz is a boy's name meaning "regal; falcon".
As Bas, it's a popular name in The Netherlands, but Baz, as in director Luhrmann, has potential for independent life too.
Curiously, Australian-born Moulin Rouge director Luhrmann was born neither Sebastian nor Basil, but had the name Mark Anthony on his birth certificate; his nickname arose from his supposed resemblance to a British TV fox puppet named Basil Brush.
20 Names Similar to Baz
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Baz.
Lists containing Baz
- Attitude Nicknames for Boys
- Best Nature Names for Boys
- Crazy Nicknames for Boys
- Names with Animal Meanings
- Nicknames for Baby Boys
- Vintage Nicknames for Boys
- Rare Vintage Nicknames for Boys
- Pet Bird Names
- Bird Names for Babies
Famous People Named Baz
- Mark Anthony “Baz LuhrmannAustralian director
Baz in Pop Culture
- Barry "Baz" Dragonsbanecharacter from TV series "The Worst Witch"
- Tyrannus Basilton "Baz" GrimmPitch, character from novels Carry On and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Barry "Baz" Brown/Barry "Baz" Blackwellcharacter in TV series and movie, "Animal Kingdom"