Dutch, diminutive of Bastiaan and Sebastian"person from the city of Sebastia"
Bas Origin and Meaning
The name Bas is a boy's name of Dutch origin meaning "person from the city of Sebastia".
Bas is a fashionable name in its own right in the Netherlands, where it's been in the Top 10. Used throughout Europe, it may have a future here as a straightforward-but-charming nickname name. Baz is another, similar and more appealing possibility.
20 Names Similar to Bas
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Bas.
Lists containing Bas
- Names to Substitute for Finn
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Dutch Baby Names for Boys
- Simple, Sleek, Cool Names
- Bohemian Baby Names
- Best Boy Names That End in S
- Nickname Names
- Best One-of-a-Kind Names for Boys
- Short Baby Names
Famous People Named Bas
- Bastiaan "Bas" ZuiderentDutch cricketer
- Bastiaan "Bas" BelderDutch MEP
- Bas (born Abbas Hamad)American rapper
- Bas of Bithyniafirst independent ruler of Bithynia, Asia Minor
- Bas BronDutch music producer
- Bastiaan "Bas" de Gaay FortmanDutch politician and scholar
- Bastiaan Johan Christiaan "Bas Jan" AderDutch conceptual artist
- Bas LeindersBelgian racing driver
- Rendel Sebastian "Bas" PeaseEnglish physicist
- Sebastiaan "Bas" RuttenDutch MMA fighter
- Sebastiaan Jacques Henri "Bas" van de GoorDutch volleyball player
- Bastiaan Johannis "Bas" van der VliesDutch MP
- Bastiaan Cornelis "Bas" van FraassenDutch,American philosopher
More Lists containing Bas
- Dutch Names
- Dutch Names for Boys
- 3 Letter Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in S
- Names That Mean City
- Names That Mean Person
- Names That Mean Sebastia
- One Syllable Names for Boys
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.