Bas Origin and Meaning
The name Bas is a boy's name of Dutch origin meaning "person from the city of Sebastia".
Bas is a fashionable name in its own right in the Netherlands, where it's been in the Top 10. Used throughout Europe, it may have a future here as a straightforward-but-charming nickname name. Baz is another, similar and more appealing possibility.
20 Names Similar to Bas
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Bas.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Bas
Famous People Named Bas
- Bastiaan "Bas" ZuiderentDutch cricketer
- Bastiaan "Bas" BelderDutch MEP
- Bas (born Abbas Hamad)American rapper
- Bas of Bithyniafirst independent ruler of Bithynia, Asia Minor
- Bas BronDutch music producer
- Bastiaan "Bas" de Gaay FortmanDutch politician and scholar
- Bastiaan Johan Christiaan "Bas Jan" AderDutch conceptual artist
- Bas LeindersBelgian racing driver
- Rendel Sebastian "Bas" PeaseEnglish physicist
- Sebastiaan "Bas" RuttenDutch MMA fighter
- Sebastiaan Jacques Henri "Bas" van de GoorDutch volleyball player
- Bastiaan Johannis "Bas" van der VliesDutch MP
- Bastiaan Cornelis "Bas" van FraassenDutch,American philosopher