Anita Origin and Meaning
The name Anita is a girl's name of Spanish origin meaning "grace; unguided".
Once a Top 100 name, this Spanish diminutive of Ana still retains some of her Latin flair. A notable namesake is noted attorney Anita Hill, another is the great jazz singer Anita O'Day. Plus there's Disney cred via the lead human character in 101 Dalmatians.
20 Names Similar to Anita
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Anita.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Anita
Famous People Named Anita
- Anita Faye HillAmerican attorney and academic, accuser in the Clarence Thomas sexual harassment case
- Anita Denise BakerAmerican singer,songwriter
- (Kerstin) Anita Marianne EkbergSwedish actress
- Anita O'Day (born Anita Belle Colton)American jazz singer
- (Corinne) Anita LoosAmerican playwright and novelist
- Ana Maria de Jesus "Anita" Ribeiro di GaribaldiBrazilian revolutionary
- Anita Jane BryantAmerican singer and anti,gay activist
- Anita PallenbergItalian actress, model and fashion designer
- Anita "Anna" Sergeyevna TsoyRussian singer,songwriter
- Anita Mazumdar DesaiIndian novelist
- Anita Mui (Yimfong), Hong Kong singer and actress
- Anita Yuen (Wingyi), actress and Miss Hong Kong 1990
- (Nadia) Anita Louise NallAmerican Olympic swimmer
- Anita Jean KerrAmerican singer
- Anitta (born Larissa de Macedo Machado)Brazilian singer
- Anita Leocadia PrestesHistorian daughter of Brazilian revolutionary Luis Carlos Prestes and German revolutionary Olga Benario
- Anita Lucia RoddickBritish businesswoman and activist, and founder of The Body Shop
Anita in Pop Culture
- Anita Dearlycharacter in book/movie "101 Dalmatians"
- Anita Blakemain character in Laurell K. Hamilton's "Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter" book series
- Anita Boyardcharacter in the movie "Gang in Blue"
- Anita "Needy" Lesnickicharacter in the movie "Jennifer's Body"
- Anita Roycharacter on British soap "Hollyoaks"
- "Anita" composition by the first Brazilian female composer, Francisca Edwiges "Chiquinha" Gonzaga
- Santa Anita Parka thoroughbred racetrack in Arcadia, California