Latin form of Alfonso"noble and ready"
Alphonsus Origin and Meaning
The name Alphonsus is a boy's name of Spanish, Italian, Irish origin meaning "noble and ready".
This Latinized form of a name that's well used in Italy and Spain is sometimes heard, oddly enough, in Ireland.
20 Names Similar to Alphonsus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alphonsus.
Lists containing Alphonsus
Famous People Named Alphonsus
- Saint Alphonsus LiguoriItalian bishop and author
- Saint Alphonsus RodríguezSpanish Jesuit lay brother
- Alphonsus CiacconiusSpanish Dominican scholar
- Afonso Henrique "Alphonsus" da Costa GuimarãesBrazilian poet
- Alphonsus John "Fonse" CarrollNew Zealand rugby footballer
- Alphonsus CullinanIrish bishop
- Alphonsus Obi IgbekeNigerian Senator
- Alphonsus Flavian D'SouzaIndian bishop
- Alphonsus Joseph "Alphie" McCourtIrish,American memoirist; brother of writers Frank and Malachy McCourt