Scottish"defender of men"
Alastair Origin and Meaning
The name Alastair is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "defender of men".
To Americans, a quintessential British name, introduced to the U.S. public by suave journalist/PBS Masterpiece Theater host Alastair Cook. Sometimes used in the U.S. by parents with Scottish heritage.
20 Names Similar to Alastair
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alastair.
Lists containing Alastair
Famous People Named Alastair
- Alastair George Bell SimScottish actor
- Alastair James StewartEnglish TV journalist
- Alastair MoockAmerican singer
- Alastair John CampbellBritish political spokesman
- Alastair Preston ReynoldsEnglish novelist
- Alastair Arthur Windsor2nd Duke of Connaught and Strathearn; great,grandson of Queen Victoria
- Alastair ClarksonAustralian AFL player
- Alastair Nathan CookEnglish cricketer
- Alastair MackenzieScottish actor
- Alastair Neil DuncanScottish actor
- Alastair BaxterAustralian rugby union player
- Alastair William GillespieCanadian politician
- Alastair Ian "Al" StewartScottish singer,songwriter
- Alastair SeeleyNorthern Irish motorcycle racer
- Alastair Aiken aka AliA, British YouTuber
- Alastair Adam Lloyd Webber (b. 1992)son of composer Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Alastair Wallace Stewart (b. 2006)son of singer Rod Stewart
Alastair in Pop Culture
- Alastairdemon on TV's "Supernatural"
- Alastair Carstairscharacter in Cassandra Clare's upcoming trilogy "The Last Hours"