TV Names: Who’s the Next Khaleesi?
Granted, this character name in Minority Report is not new, flashy or creative, but it brings up the question of whether an attractive contemporary actress—in this case Laura Regan, with another actor as Agatha as a child) can rejuvenate the image of a fusty Great-Great-Aunt name, which has been off the Top 1000 since 1940.
- Laura Regan, with another actor as Agatha as a child) can rejuvenate the image of a fusty Great-Great-Aunt name, which has been off the Top 1000 since 1940." >
- Rob Lowe as Dazzle Novak, Elizabeth Banks as Pizzaz Miller, Kate Mara as Chrysalis Tate and Will Forte as Rad Cunningham. All too far out?" >
- Evan Ross plays crime scene paparazzo Diver Hakes, and I can see this as a new occupational name possibility." >
- Jessamy. But there’s also main hero Wilkin, plus Milus, Calo, Toran, Ash, Annora and Petra." >
- Kara Zor-El, a cousin of Superman, has a lot of strong role model potential resting on her toned shoulders. Kara, also a Valkyrie in Norse mythology, was a Top 100 name in the mid-80s, but now has fallen to 442. Can this power heroine bring it back?" >
- Saxon and Norse and invented names, such as Ravn, Beocca, Alferic, Guthrum, Ragnar, Halig, Ubba, Storri and Beocca (male), and Brida and Thyra (f). Some Leo-loving namer might pick up on the novel Leofric." >
- Lowry Aberffraw Ventris, known as “Love,” Lowry is a Welsh surname more often used for males, but here with a decidedly feminine nn." >
- Virginia base, features a multi-cultural cast and some multi-cultural names, including the sweet Arabic Nimah, which means ‘blessing,’ and is also spelled without the final ‘h.’" >
- Florida and starring Morris Chestnut as Dr.. Beaumont Rosewood, Jr., who has a sister named Pippy. Could Pippy take Poppy and Pippa one step further?" >
- Bale, a beguiling beauty named Veil and a female Zypher. I can see any of them attracting some fans—if the series does." >
- Romeo Section has gone from long-haired German composer to scary animal name and now to spymaster character Professor Wolfgang McGee. Used by Valerie Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen for their now grown son, Wolfgang in now Number 508 on Nameberry." >
- Jaime Lee Curtis,’ also has a fantastic mix of names. Emma Roberts as Chanel, Keke Palmer as Zayday, Lea Michele as Hester (see Agatha, above), and Tavu Gevinson as Feather." >
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
on September 25th, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Oh no – this post is making me upset! As someone who doesn’t watch a lot of TV, and the shows I do watch are usually older, seeing that some TV shows have taken Agatha and Wolfgang scare me! Two of my favorite names. I thought they were safe from popularity! I really hope they don’t catch on…just fly over the watcher’s head. With the other names, I’m normally pretty open minded with word names, but Dazzle? I don’t think it will catch on. At least I hope it doesn’t…I can only see a teen mom using that one. And Kara…isn’t that one already pretty high on the popularity scale? I know at least five Kara/Caras. Maybe it’s just where I live. I can really see Veil catching on, but probably spelled Vale. Jessamy and Diver too.
on September 26th, 2015 at 1:04 pm
I agree, kitchi1. I love Agatha and I would hate to see it blowing up.
on September 26th, 2015 at 11:48 pm
Jessamy is cute. Nimah seems like a typo of Niamh….
12 Baby Names Inspired by This Fall’s TV Series | Viral Media Life Said
on October 4th, 2015 at 11:20 am
[…] Lowry “Love”: I couldn’t resist a separate listing for this The Bastard Executioner name, as it looks to be […]
leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.