Winnifred Origin and Meaning
The name Winnifred is a girl's name meaning "blessed peacemaker".
The double 'n's in this spelling variation of vintage Winifred aesthetically looks closer to the loveable nickname Winnie which is likely the appeal for many parents. Winnifred, along with several other Win names, from vintage revivals Winnie and Winona to modern Winter and Winslow, is on the rise.
# in the US
Winnifred Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Winnifred
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Winnifred.
Famous People Named Winnifred
- Winnifred Eaton aka Onoto WatannaCanadian writer
- Winnifred Harper CooleyAmerican writer and lecturer
- Winnifred Quick van Tongerlooone of the last Titanic survivors
- Winnifred Sprague Mason HuckAmerican journalist and Congresswoman from Illinois
- Winnifred BonjeanAlpart, teenage NYC,based writer and actor (sister of Gogo and Myrtle)