Dutch variation of William"resolute protector"
Willem Origin and Meaning
The name Willem is boy's name meaning "resolute protector".
Common in Holland, the appealing Willem (as in de Kooning and Dafoe) makes William fresh and distinctive.
20 Names Similar to Willem
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Willem.
Famous People Named Willem
- Willem Frederik (William I)King of the Netherlands
- Willem Frederik George Lodewijk (William II)King of the Netherlands
- Willem Alexander Paul Frederik Lodewijk (William III)King of the Netherlands
- WillemAlexander Claus George Ferdinand, King of the Netherlands
- William "Willem" DafoeAmerican actor
- Willem de KooningDutch,American painter
- Willem EinthovenDutch physician; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Vincent Willem van GoghDutch painter
- Willem BarentszDutch navigator, cartographer, and Arctic explorer
- Willem de SitterDutch mathematician, physicist and astronomer
- Gatsby Willem Hollingsworth (b. 2018) son of Ben Hollingsworth
- Willem HerbotsBelgian actor
- Willem De SchryverBelgian Actor
Willem in Pop Culture
- Willem De Ruitera character in the "Just One Day" book series by Gayle Forman