Irish"old and wise"
Shannon Origin and Meaning
The name Shannon is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "old and wise".
The name of the longest river in the British Isles rose to the US Top 25 for girls in the 1970s and the Top 100 for boys, but has fallen off the Top 1000 for both genders. At the latest count, the name Shannon was given to about 200 babies in the US, about a third of those boys. As a favorite Irish name, Shannon has now been supplanted by newcomers such as Saoirse and Seanan.
20 Names Similar to Shannon
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Shannon.
Famous People Named Shannon
- Shannon LetoAmerican drummer of band 30 Seconds to Mars, brother of Jared Leto
- Shannon MooreAmerican professional wrestler.
- Shannon SharpeAmerican NFL football player.
- Shannon Harold StewartAmerican baseball player.
- Shannon KookSouth African actor.
- Shannon BennettAustralian chef and TV personality
- (Richard) Shannon HoonAmerican lead singer of band Blind Melon
- Shannon NollAustralian pop singer
- ShannonOgbnai Abeda, Eritrean,Canadian skier
- Shannon BirchallAustralian musician of the John Butler Trio
- Shannon BriggsAmerican boxer
- Shannon BoydAustralian rugby leaguer
- Shannon Bruce Snaithbirth name of Shane West, American actor
- Noah Shannon Greenson of actress Megan Fox.
Shannon in Pop Culture
- Lawrence Shannonprotagonist of Tennesse Williams' "Night of the Iguana"