Russian variation of Nicholas"people of victory"
Nikolai Origin and Meaning
The name Nikolai is boy's name of Russian origin meaning "people of victory".
Russian forms, like Russian supermodels, are hot these days. This is a strong, worldly way to make Nicholas new; it was chosen for his son by Barry Bonds, Jr. Nikolai also comes with several attractive nickname options, including approachable Nik, spunky Niko, or even hip Kai. A traditional nickname for Nikolai in Russia is Kolya.
# 480 in the US
Nikolai Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Nikolai
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nikolai.
Famous People Named Nikolai
- Nikolai William Alexander FrederikPrince of Denmark
- Nikolai Philippe FraitureAmerican bassist of band The Strokes
- Nikolai Vasilievich GogolRussian novelist and playwright
- Nikolai Andreyevich RimskyKorsakov, Russian composer
- (Nanhoï) Nikolai KinskiFrench,American actor
- Nikolai Alexandrovich Kulikovskybrother,in,law of Tsar Nicholas II and son,in,law of Tsar Alexander III
- Nikolai Volkoff (born Josip Nikolai Peruzović)Croatian pro wrestler
- Nikolai Matveevich PozdneevRussian painter
- Nikolai Nikolaevich BaskakovRussian painter
Nikolai in Pop Culture
- Nikolaicharacter on TV's Six Feet Under
- Nikolai Carpathiathe antichrist in the Left Behind series
- Nikolai Delphikibrother of Julian "Bean" Delphiki in Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game" series
- Nikolai Lantsovcharacter in the Grisha Trilogy