Nike Origin and Meaning
The name Nike is both a boy's name and a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "victory".
The goddess and personification of victory in Greek mythology – sister to strength, force, and zeal – could make a powerful namesake for a daughter. The goddess would fly a chariot across battlefields rewarding the victors with laurel garlands. Though Nike would make a more unique alternative to her much more popular Roman counterpart, Victoria, be warned that many people’s first association will be the sportswear brand.
20 Names Similar to Nike
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nike.
Famous People Named Nike
- Nike Arrighi1960's and '70's actress, star of The Devil Rides Out and other campy art,house favorites.
Nike in Pop Culture
- NikeGreek goddess of victory
- Nike Remercierprotagonist of Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
- Nikeathletic clothing brand
- Nikecharacter in Suzanne Collins' "Underland Chronicles"