German variation of Magdalen"woman from Magdala or high tower"
Magda Origin and Meaning
The name Magda is girl's name of German origin.
On "Sex and the City," Magda was the elderly nanny from the old country -- which is what this name sounds like. While Magdalene and Magdalena are enjoying fresh life, Magda still feels dated.
20 Names Similar to Magda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Magda.
Famous People Named Magda
- Magdolna "Magda" GaborHungarian,American actress and socialite
- Magdalene Mary "Magda" SzubanskiAustralian actress and comedienne
- Magda ApanowiczCanadian actress
- Magda LinettePolish pro tennis player
- Magdelena Patricia "Magda" FoyAmerican child actress in silent films
- Magda von DolckeDanish actress; mistress of King Oscar II of Sweden
- Magda GenuinItalian skier
- Johanna Maria Magdalena "Magda" Goebbelswife of Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels
- Magda IlandsBelgian distance runner
- Magda LászlóHungarian soprano
- Magdolna "Magda" LenkeiHungarian swimmer
- Elena "Magda" Lupescumistress and later wife of King Carol II of Romania
Magda in Pop Culture
- MagdaMiranda's Ukrainian nanny on TV's "Sex and the City"
- Magda Kewleycharacter from "What Real Life Is"
- Magda EisenhardtMarvel comic character, wife of Magneto
- Magda SingerAmerica Singer's mother in "The Selection" series by Kiera Cass
- Magda Ellensteinprotagonist and playable character in Helix Waltz
- Magdaa character from the James Bond film Octopussy
- Magda Burlixa character from The Edge Chronicles books
- Magda Czajkowskicharacter on British soap opera EastEnders
- MagdaRick Spleen's housekeeper on British sitcom Lead Balloon
- MagdaPetra Solano's mother on American telenovela "Jane the Virgin"
- MagdaMary Jensen's tan neighbor in the Farrelly brother's film "There's Something About Mary"