Madelyn Origin and Meaning
The name Madelyn is a girl's name of French origin meaning "woman from Magdala or high tower".
Madelyn is the most popular current spelling of this stylish name -- Madeline is the second most used -- but we prefer the least popular and most authentic French version, Madeleine. The advantage of Madelyn: It does clarify pronunciation and may be the best choice if you definitely want that last syllable pronounced as "lynn".
# 72 in the US
Madelyn Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Madelyn
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Madelyn.
Lists containing Madelyn
Famous People Named Madelyn
- Madelyn PughAmerican TV writer
- Madelyn Dunhamgrandmother of U.S. President Barack Obama
- Madelyn ClareAmerican silent film actress
- Madelyn FernstromAmerican physician and journalist
- Madelyn VegaPuerto Rican journalist and attorney
- Madelyn "Maddie" DeutchAmerican actress; daughter of actress Lea Thompson and director Howard Deutch; sister of actress Zoey Deutch
- Madelyn ClineAmerican actress
- Madelyn Kate "Mady" Gosselindaughter of reality TV's Jon and Kate Gosselin
- Madelyn Skyler Teedaughter of actor Brian Tee & Mirelly Taylor
- Madelyn Grace Sharp (b. 2011)daughter of ice hockey player Patrick Sharp
- Madelyn Christina Fitzgerald (b. 2013)daughter of ice dancers Naomi Lang and Mark Fitzgerald
- Madelyn Lee (b. 2015)late daughter of NFL player Andy Lee
- Madelyn Damondaughter of baseball player Johnny Damon
Madelyn in Pop Culture
- Madelyn "Maddie" Hayescharacter in the TV series "Moonlighting"
- Madelyne Pryorcharacter in the "X,Men" comics
- Madelyn Spauldingcharacter in animated series "Static Shock"
- Madelyn "Maddie" Fynncharacter in the novel "When" by Victoria Laurie