Lloyd Origin and Meaning
The name Lloyd is boy's name of Welsh origin meaning "gray".
This Welsh surname was taken up as a first in the English-speaking world in the early twentieth century, originally as a nickname for someone gray-haired. The original Welsh name was Llwyd, and pronounced LHOO-eed. Beau Bridges was christened Lloyd after his actor father.
20 Names Similar to Lloyd
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lloyd.
Famous People Named Lloyd
- Lloyd Vernet BridgesJr., American actor
- Lloyd Vernet "Beau" Bridges IIIAmerican actor
- Lloyd Banks (born Christopher Charles Lloyd)American rapper of group G,Unit
- Lloyd (PoliteJr.), American R&B singer
- Lloyd Millard BentsenJr., U.S. Senator from Texas ("You, senator, are no Jack Kennedy")
- Lloyd Chudley AlexanderAmerican children's novelist
- Lloyd Francis BaconAmerican actor and director
- Lloyd RobertsonCanadian TV journalist
- Lloyd Craig BlankfeinAmerican investment banker
- David Lloyd George1st Earl Lloyd,George of Dwyfor, British prime minister
- Frank Lloyd WrightAmerican architect
- Andrew Lloyd WebberEnglish composer
- Horatio Lloyd Gatesgeneral in the American Revolution
- Christopher LloydAmerican actor and writer
- Lloyd GriffithBritish comedian
- Cher LloydBritish singer
- Lloyd Leonard Ahlquist ( Epic Lloyd)Youtube personality
- Christopher "Chris" Lloyd SmallingEnglish professional footballer
Lloyd in Pop Culture
- Lloyd Lowerycharacter on TV's "Breakout Kings"
- Lloyd Brauncharacter on TV's "Seinfeld"
- Lloyda main character from the video game MOTHER
- Lloyd Doblermain character in movie "Say Anything"
- Lloyd P. Nebulonmain character in animated series "Lloyd in Space"
- Lloyd Garmadongreen ninja from animated series "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu"
- Lloyd Irvingmain character from the video game Tales of Symphonia
- Lloyd Christmasmain character from movie "Dumb and Dumber"
- Lloyd's of LondonBritish insurance firm
- Detective Constable Lloyd Elischaracter on Welsh miniseries "Hinterland"