Arabic variation of Ishmael, Hebrew"God will hear"
Ismail Origin and Meaning
The name Ismail is boy's name of Arabic origin meaning "God will hear".
This classic, handsome Arabic name — cognate of the Hebrew Ishmael — was chosen by Tan and Rob France for their son born in 2021. Ismail is the preferred spelling in England, Germany, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Turkey, while Ismael ranks higher in countries with native Spanish speakers, including the US.
20 Names Similar to Ismail
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ismail.
Lists containing Ismail
Famous People Named Ismail
- Ismail IIII, Shahs of Iran
- Ismail Abdel Salam Ahmed Haniyehformer prime minister of Palestine
- Ismail MatarEmirati footballer
- Ismail KadareAlbanian novelist
- Ismaïl AissatiMoroccan footballer
- Ismail alJazari, Turkish polymath
Ismail in Pop Culture
- Ismail "Uncle Joe" character in "Does My Head Look Big in This?"