German variation of Elizabeth"pledged to God"
Ilsa Origin and Meaning
The name Ilsa is girl's name of German, Spanish, Dutch origin meaning "pledged to God".
Ilsa is remembered as the radiant but tragic heroine of "Casablanca," and it's having something of a European resurgence.
20 Names Similar to Ilsa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ilsa.
Famous People Named Ilsa
- Ilze "Ilsa" KonradsLatvian,Australian Olympic swimmer
- Ilsa J. BickAmerican novelist
- Ilsa PaulsonAmerican distance runner
Ilsa in Pop Culture
- Ilsa Lundcharacter in movie "Casablanca," portrayed by Ingrid Bergman
- Ilsa Hermanncharacter in book/movie "The Book Thief"
- Ilsa Brandesmain character in "Ilsa" by Madeleine L'Engle
- Ilsa Haupsteincharacter in Hellboy comics
- Ilsa Prejeancharacter in Kat Falls' "Inhuman."
- Ilsa Puccicharacter on TV's "Human Target"
- Ilsa Shickelgrubermeigercharacter on TV's "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody"
- Ilsa Faustcharacter in 2015 film "Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation"
- Ilsa von Leppecharacter in 1963 film "The Terror"
- "IlsaShe Wolf of the SS," 1975 Nazi exploitation film and several sequels
- "The Sins of Ilsa" 1985 erotic film based on a novel by Iris Murdoch