English"covered with gold"
Gilda Origin and Meaning
The name Gilda is a girl's name of English origin meaning "covered with gold".
Gilda, although related to the words gold and gilded, has definitely tarnished. It once shimmered with the seductive image of Rita Hayworth in the film Gilda, then was associated with the beloved early Saturday Night Live star Gilda Radner. In opera, Gilda lives on as the name of the daughter of Rigoletto.
# in the US
Gilda Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Gilda
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gilda.
Famous People Named Gilda
- Gilda Susan RadnerAmerican comedian and actress
- Gilda SansoneItalian fashion model
- Gilda GelatiItalian ballerina
- Gilda LyonsAmerican composer
- Gilda Gray (born Marianna Michalska)American actress and dancer who popularized the "shimmy"
Gilda in Pop Culture
- Gilda Mundson Farrelmain character in 1946 film "Gilda," starring Rita Hayworth
- Gilda Dentcharacter in Batman comics
- Gilda Bessecharacter in movie "Head in the Clouds"
- Gildafairy in an episode of TV's "Supernatural"
- Gilda the Griffoncharacter in animated series "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"
- Gilda Goldstagdaughter of the Golden Hind in "Monster High" show and series
- Gildacharacter in the manga/anime series "The Promised Neverland"