English"son of the king"
Fitzroy Origin and Meaning
The name Fitzroy is boy's name of English origin meaning "son of the king".
An English surname originally given to the illegitimate sons of a monarch. Might be a nice middle name choice to honor an ancestral Roy.
20 Names Similar to Fitzroy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Fitzroy.
Lists containing Fitzroy
Famous People Named Fitzroy
- FitzRoy James Henry Somerset1st Baron Raglan, British Army officer in the Peninsular War and the Hundred Days
- Fitzroy Hamilton Niall AnstrutherGough,Calthorpe, 1st Baronet
- Fitzroy Alexander aka Lord MelodayTrinidadian calypso singer
- Henry John FitzRoy SomersetMarquess of Worcester
Fitzroy in Pop Culture
- Fitzroy Avery "Fitz" Vackercharacter in "Keeper of the Lost Cities" by Shannon Messenger
- Rosalinda Samantha Fitzroymain character of "A Long Long Sleep" by Anna Sheehan
- Fitzroysuburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Sir Fitzroy MaplecourtKnight (in absentia) of the realm of Goodcastle, character in the "Graduation" campaign of the podcast "The Adventure Zone"