Elam Origin and Meaning
The name Elam is boy's name meaning "distant".
Elam is the name of no fewer than eight Old Testament figures. The most notable was a grandson of Noah whose followers were dubbed the Elamites. Elam is commonly used in Amish communities today.
20 Names Similar to Elam
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Elam.
Famous People Named Elam
- Elamson of Shem, son of Noah (1 Chr. 1:17)
- Elamdescendant of patriarch Benjamin (1 Chr. 8:24)
- Elamancestor to some who returned to Judah with Zerubbabel (Nehemiah 7:12)
- Elamanother ancestor of captives who returned to Judah with Zerubbabel (Nehemiah 7:34)
- Elamson of Meshelemiah, a Korhite (1 Chr. 26:3)
Elam in Pop Culture
- Kingdom of Elam (Isaiah 21:1)
- "The kings of Elam" (Jeremiah 25:25)