French from Latin"coral"
Coralie Origin and Meaning
The name Coralie is girl's name of French origin meaning "coral".
Coralie is a French name not often heard here, though she's gaining some recognition via Neil Gaiman's similar sounding spooky and lovely children's book, Coraline. Other literary appearances: Coralie is the stage name of an actress in Balzac's Lost Illusions, and a French girl in an 1850 Thackeray novel.
Coralie is currently very popular in French-speaking Quebec, and there is a contemporary French singer named Coralie Clement.
20 Names Similar to Coralie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Coralie.
Famous People Named Coralie
- Coralie BalmyFrench swimmer
- Coralie Denise SimmonsAmerican water polo player
- Coralie BickfordSmith, English illustrator
- Coralie ClementFrench singer
- Coralie ChaconFrench gymnast
- Coralie Trinh ThiFrench adult film actress, author, and director
- Caroline Maud "Coralie" BlytheEnglish actress and singer
- Coralie FargeatFrench director
Coralie in Pop Culture
- Coraliethe premiere danseuse of Ludwiglust Court Theatre in 'Barry Lyndon' (1844)
- Mademoiselle Coralie Brackhorse rider at Franconi's in 'Pendennis' (1848)
- Coralie Sardiea main character in Alice Hoffman's "The Museum of Extraordinary Things"