English and Irish"little dove"
Coleman Origin and Meaning
The name Coleman is boy's name of English origin meaning "little dove".
The name of three hundred saints, a mustard, and your own baby boy. Coleman was off the US Top 1000 list for much of the 1960s and 1970s, but it was a mainstay before and has been for most years since. It could be an interesting way to honor a Colin or Cole.
20 Names Similar to Coleman
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Coleman.
Famous People Named Coleman
- Coleman Randolph HawkinsAmerican jazz saxophonist
- Coleman Alexander YoungAmerican politician, first black mayor of Detroit
- Coleman Livingston BleaseU.S. senator and governor of South Carolina
- Coleman BarksAmerican poet
- Coleman HellCanadian singer,songwriter
- Thomas Coleman "Cole" Youngeran American Confederate guerrilla; later a member of the James,Younger gang
- Robert Coleman Richardsonwinner of the Nobel Prize in Physics
- Gary Wayne ColemanAmerican actor
- Dabney Wharton ColemanAmerican actor
- Sidney ColemanAmerican theoretical physicist
Coleman in Pop Culture
- Colemanmanufacturer of camping gear
- Coleman Gallowaycharacter on TV's "The Jersey"
- Coleman Carlislecharacter on TV's "Nashville"
- Coleman Reesecharacter in the movie "The Dark Knight"