Cephas Origin and Meaning
The name Cephas is boy's name of Aramaic origin meaning "rock".
The apostle Simon was called Cephas by Jesus because he was to be the rock upon which the Christian church was to be built. In most versions of the New Testament, Cephas is translated into Petros in Greek, Peter in English.
20 Names Similar to Cephas
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cephas.
Famous People Named Cephas
- Cephas ChimedzaZimbabwean footballer
- Cephas ZhuwaoZimbabwean cricketer
- Cephas LuminaZambian U.N. lawyer and human rights expert
- Cephas WashburnAmerican missionary to the Cherokee
- Cephas MatafiZimbabwean Olympic distance runner
- Cephas ThompsonAmerican portrait painter
- Saint Cephas of Iconiumone of the Seventy Disciples; bishop of Iconium, Pamphylia, Turkey
- Ron Cephas JonesAmerican actor
- Jasmine Cephas JonesAmerican actress; daughter of Ron Cephas Jones