Polish, Slavic"destroyer of peace"
Casimir Origin and Meaning
The name Casimir is boy's name of Polish origin meaning "destroyer of peace".
Casimir, a traditional name of Polish kings, could do quite well these days as we see the rise of Caspian, Cassius, Castiel, et. al. Like Leopold and Laszlo, Casimir is strong and worth considering if you've got an adventurous streak — and bet your son will too. An alternative commonly cited meaning that modern parents might prefer is "proclaimer of peace".
20 Names Similar to Casimir
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Casimir.
Famous People Named Casimir
- Saint Casimircrown prince of Poland
- Casimir PulaskiPolish soldier and politician, "the father of American cavalry"
- Casimir III the Greatlast king of Poland
- Casimir IV Jagiellongrand duke of Lithuania and king of Poland
- Casimir I the Restorerduke of Poland
- Casimir II the Justhigh duke of Poland
- Casimir I of Kuyaviaprince of Kujawy, Mazovia and Wielkopolska
- Casimir Pierre PÃ©rierFrench President of the Council during the July Monarchy
- Casimir I of Opoleduke of Opole,RacibÃ³rz
- Casimir Eugene "Cass" MichaelsAmerican baseball player
Casimir in Pop Culture
- "Casimir Pulaski Day" song by Sufjan Stevens
- Casimir Lypiattcharacter in "Antic Hay" (1923) by Aldous Huxley
- [Casimir] Pulaski Daycelebrated on October 11th