Diminutive of Elizabeth"pledged to God"
Bette Origin and Meaning
The name Bette is girl's name of Hebrew origin.
Pronounced a la Bette (Betty) Davis or Bette (Bet) Midler, a twentieth-century relic. Though if the equally vintage Betty comes back, Bette may be close behind.
20 Names Similar to Bette
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Bette.
Famous People Named Bette
- Ruth Elizabeth "Bette" DavisAmerican actress
- Bette MidlerAmerican singer/actress
- Elizabeth "Bette" CooperMiss America 1937
- Bette Jean GreeneAmerican children's novelist
- Bette FrankeDutch model
- (Bette) Joy PhilbinAmerican TV personality; wife of Regis Philbin
- Bette Claire Nesmith GrahamAmerican inventor of White,Out; mother of musician Michael Nesmith of The Monkees
- Bette Joan HenritzeAmerican actress
- Bette Bao LordChinese,American activist
- Bette Ford (born Harriet Elizabeth Dingeldein)American actress, model and bullfighter
- Bette GordonAmerican film director
- Bette Bright (born Anne Martin)English rock singer of band Deaf School
- Bette Bournestage name of Peter Bourne, English drag queen and actor
- Bette McLaurinAmerican R&B singer
- Bette GraysonAmerican actress; wife of playwright Clifford Odets
Bette in Pop Culture
- Lisbeth "Bette" Fischermain character in"Cousin Bette," novel by Honoré de Balzac and later film
- Bette PorterJennifer Beals's character in TV's "The L Word"
- Bette Kane aka BatGirl and Flamebird, character in DC comics
- Bette Tattlerconjoined twin character on TV's "American Horror Story: Freak Show"; twin of sister Dot
- Bette San Souci aka Plastiquecharacter on TV's "The Flash"
- Bette Katzenkazrahicharacter on American soap "Sunset Beach"
- Bette Tremontcharacter in novel/film "Dad"
- Bette Noircharacter in comic book series "Iredeemable"
- "Bette Davis Eyes" 1974 song by Kim Carnes