Arlette Origin and Meaning
The name Arlette is girl's name of French origin meaning "noble, honor".
Arlette is a French form of the Germanic name Herleva, which was the name of the mother of William the Conqueror. It peaked in France in the mid-1930s, but you might be surprised to learn that in the US, it's only just beginning to catch on now. It entered the US Top 1000 for the first time in 2018, and has dipped in and out in the years since then.
# 989 in the US
Arlette Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Arlette
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Arlette.
Famous People Named Arlette
- Arlette or Herlevamother of William the Conqueror
- MarieArlette Carlotti, French politician and Member of the European Parliament
- Arlette ChabotFrench journalist and political commentator
- Arlette CoustureCanadian writer
- Arlette Francomember of the National Assembly of France
- Arlette Grosskostmember of the National Assembly of France
- Arlette LaguillerFrench Trotskyist politician
- Arlette LangmannFrench screenwriter, film editor and production designer
- Arlette MarchalFrench film actress
- Arlette SterckxBelgian actress
- Arlette ZolaSwiss singer
Arlette in Pop Culture
- Arlette Lafroncharacter played by Ginger Rogers in the 1946 film 'Heartbeat'