Angharad Origin and Meaning
The name Angharad is a girl's name meaning "much loved".
This name dates back to Arthurian legend, in which Angharad was the lover of Percival, one of the Knights of the Round Table, and was used more recently for the name of the favorite wife of the warlord in Mad Max: Fury Road. It was quite popular in the Middle Ages and is still heard in Wales, but we doubt that even the glamorous Rosie Huntington-Whiteley could propel it to wider popularity.
20 Names Similar to Angharad
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Angharad.
Famous People Named Angharad
- Angharad ReesWelsh actress
- Angharad ferch Meurig9th century Welsh noblewoman, wife of Rhodri the Great of Gwynedd
- Angharad Jamesearly Welsh poet
- Nerys Angharad JeffordBritish high court judge and barrister
Angharad in Pop Culture
- Angharad Morgancharacter in the novel and film "How Green was My Valley".
- Angharad "Harry"/"Hari" Crewecharacter in "The Blue Sword" by Robin McKinley
- The Splendid Angharadcharacter in George Miller's "Mad Max: Fury Road"
- Angharadmother of Eilonwy in Lloyd Alexander's "The Chronicles of Prydain"