Ailis Origin and Meaning
The name Ailis is girl's name of Irish origin meaning "noble".
This attractive and unique Scottish form of Alice can also be found in the spelling Aileas. Like Alice, it ultimately derives from the Germanic name Adalheidis. Spelt with the fada, Ailís, it's Irish and pronounced with a longer final vowel: AY-leesh.
20 Names Similar to Ailis
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ailis.
Famous People Named Ailis
- Ailis Ni RiainIrish classical composer
- Ailis McSweeneyIrish sprinter
- Ailis EganIrish rugby union player
- Ailisa 14th,century Irish witch
- Ailise AgateGerman/American blogger
Ailis in Pop Culture
- Ailis the Beautifula contemporary of legendary King Arthur