Yves Origin and Meaning
The name Yves is a boy's name of French origin meaning "yew wood".
On paper, with its stylish ties to fashion legend Yves Saint-Laurent (born Henri), Yves looks great, but the pronunciation--EVE-- could lead to gender confusion. German variation Ivo might be cooler and clear up the issue.
20 Names Similar to Yves
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Yves.
Lists containing Yves
Famous People Named Yves
- Yves Henri Donat MathieuSaint Laurent, French fashion designer
- Yves Camille Désiré Leterme48th Prime Minister of Belgium
- Yves Montand (born Ivo Livi)Italian,French actor/singer
- Yves AllegroSwiss tennis player, doubles partner of Roger Federer
- Yves KleinFrench painter and performance artist
- Yves ChauvinFrench chemist; winner of the Nobel Prize
- Yves Ed'duvill EdwardsBrazilian mixed martial artist
- (Louis) Yves FortierCanadian diplomat
- YvesJoseph de Kerguelen,Tremarec, discoverer of Kerguelen Islands
- (Raymond Georges) Yves TanguyFrench painter
- Yves BéharSwiss designer
- JeanYves Thibaudet, French pianist
- JacquesYves Cousteau, French oceanographer
- Yves / Ha SooyoungSouth,Korean idol group member (LOOΠΔ)
Yves in Pop Culture
- Yves Adele Harlowfemale character on "The Lone Gunmen" (a spin,off of The X,Files)
- Yves Benedictcharacter in the Benedict Series by Joss Stirling
- Yvesfemale character of LOOΠΔVERSE created by Blockberry Creative, starring members of South,Korean girl group, LOOΠΔ
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.