English surname from place name"people living in the hamlet in the cleared area near the temple"
Wellington Origin and Meaning
The name Wellington is a boy's name meaning "people living in the hamlet in the cleared area near the temple".
Wellington is a tony-sounding English surname turned baby name by pregnancy guru Rosie Pope, who calls her son Wells for short. It's also the middle name of one of the Sweet Home sextuplets, Blu Wellington.
20 Names Similar to Wellington
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Wellington.
Lists containing Wellington
Famous People Named Wellington
- Wellington Timothy MaraAmerican businessman and co,owner of the New York Giants; grandfather of actresses Kate and Rooney Mara
- Wellington AlbertPapuan New Guinean rugby league footballer
- (V. K.) Wellington KooChinese Premier and diplomat
- Wellington Pedzisai MasakadzaZimbabwean cricketer
- Wellington Reade "Wells" Pope (b. 2011)son of Rosie and Daron Pope
- Arthur Wellesley1st Duke of Wellington, hero of the battle of Waterloo
Wellington in Pop Culture
- J. Wellington Wimpycharacter in the Popeye cartoons
- Wellington boots aka "wellies"
- Wellingtoncapital of New Zealand
- Wellingtonbeef dish
- Wellingtondog in the book and play "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night,Time"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.