Tyrus Origin and Meaning
The name Tyrus is a boy's name meaning "city of Tyre; rock".
The full name of baseball great Ty Cobb and now the name of a popular board game, this name gained popularity due to its fashionable sounds – a combination of Tyrone and Cyrus. But it is also found in the King James Bible as a place name, the city of Tyre in modern-day Lebanon, whose name derives from the Phonecian word for "rock".
20 Names Similar to Tyrus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Tyrus.
Lists containing Tyrus
Famous People Named Tyrus
- Tyrus Raymond "Ty" CobbAmerican baseball player
- Tyrus Richard "Ty" TreadwayAmerican TV host
- Tyrus Wayne ThomasAmerican basketball player
- Tyrus WongChinese,American Disney artist
- Tyrus ThompsonAmerican NFL player
- Tyrus MorganAmerican Christian singer,songwriter
- (Tyrus) Turner BarberAmerican baseball player
Tyrus in Pop Culture
- Tyrusanother name for Tyre (Jeremiah 25:22)
- Tyrus Kittcharacter on TV's "Breaking Bad"