Literary invention for a Norwegian character
Thelma Origin and Meaning
The name Thelma is a girl's name of Norwegian origin.
Though most parents seeking to honor an ancestor named Thelma, would choose Thea instead, Thelma might have some funky appeal. It was extremely rare until British writer Marie Corelli used it for the Norwegian heroine of her eponymous novel in 1893. Thelma was the birth name of First Lady Nancy Reagan.
20 Names Similar to Thelma
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Thelma.
Lists containing Thelma
- Top 1910s Baby Names
- Hipster Baby Names
- Top 1900s Baby Names
- Top 1920s Baby Names
- Old People Names
- European Names
- Scandinavian Names
Famous People Named Thelma
- Thelma Catherine "Pat" NixonFirst Lady of the U.S.
- Thelma RitterAmerican actress
- Thelma Colbert SchoonmakerAmerican film editor
- Thelma Alice ToddAmerican '30s actress
- Thelma Ellen WoodAmerican sculptor
- Thelma HoustonAmerican singer
- Thelma "Butterfly" McQueenAmerican actress
Thelma in Pop Culture
- Thelma Yvonne Dickinsoncharacter in "Thelma and Louise"
- Thelma Batescharacter on "Hex"
- Thelma Bloggscharacter in "What a Misfortune" & "Draff"
- Thelma Mae Harpercharacter on "Mama's Family"
- Thelma "Tib" Mullercharacter in "Betsy,Tacy" series
- Thelma "Trixie" Nortoncharacter on "The Honeymooners"
- Thelma Evanscharacter on TV's "Good Times"
- Thelma Loucharacter on "Andy Griffith" series
- Thelmacharacter in "The Last Time I Saw Mother" by Arlene J. Chai, adoptive mother of main character Caridad