Thais Origin and Meaning
The name Thais is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "beloved, bandage".
A paramour of Alexander the Great and the heroine of a Jules Massenet opera based on the life of a fourth century Egyptian saint, this name is nothing if not dramatic. Often spelled with a diaeresis or umlaut -- aka two dots -- over the letter i, Thais is a Top 100 girls' name in France and is also popular in Spain.
20 Names Similar to Thais
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Thais.
Lists containing Thais
- European Girl Names
- Unique French Baby Girl Names
- Stylish Girl Names That End in Consonants
- Greek Baby Names for Modern Kids
- Best Unique Baby Names
- October Baby Names
- Uncommon Girl Names in the US
- Unusual Baby Names
- Girl Names That End With S
- Ancient Greek Names
- Unusual, Unique, and Rare Girl Names
- Valentine's Day Baby Names
Famous People Named Thais
- Saint Thaïsrepentant courtesan of 4th century Roman Alexandria
- ThaisAthenian hetaera (courtesan), wife of Ptolemy I (Soter) of Egypt, whom she married ca. 335 BC, and mother of Lagus, Leontiscus and Eirene
- Thais MartinsBrazilian Model
- Thais RussomanoBrazilian physician and researcher in space medicine
- Thaïs HenríquezSpanish synchronized swimmer
- Thais AraújoBrazilian actress
- Thais StranskyChild Miami Model
Thais in Pop Culture
- Thaisa character in K.A. Barker's "The Book of Days"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.