Squire Origin and Meaning
The name Squire is a boy's name of French origin meaning "esquire".
Conjures up a tweedy English country gentleman with a large paunch.
Lists containing Squire
Famous People Named Squire
- Squire Bancroft (born Squire White Butterfield)English actor,manager
- Squire Maugridge BooneAmerican frontiersman
- SQuire RushnellAmerican author and inspirational speaker
- Squire WhippleAmerican civil engineer
- Squire Cole Whedondaughter of director Joss Whedon
Squire in Pop Culture
- : a man of high social standing who owns and lives on an estate in a rural areaesp. the chief landowner in such an area
- : a title given to a magistratelawyer, or judge in some rural districts
- : a young nobleman acting as an attendant to a knight before becoming a knight himself