ZEEK-freet (German); SIG-freed or SEEG-freed (Eng)
Siegfried Origin and Meaning
The name Siegfried is a boy's name of German origin meaning "victorious peace".
Also spelled Sigfrid, this hefty German name has an appropriately majestic meaning: "victorious peace". Fittingly, a famous bearer was the English World War I poet and pacifist Siegfried Sassoon. Sassoon was named after the hero of a Wagner opera, which in turn was based on a tragic hero from German legend.
20 Names Similar to Siegfried
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Siegfried.
Lists containing Siegfried
Famous People Named Siegfried
- Siegfried FischbacherGerman,American magician of duo Siegfried & Roy
- Siegfried Loraine SassoonEnglish poet and soldier
- SiegfriedCount of Luxembourg
- Siegfried WagnerGerman composer, son of composer Richard Wagner
- Siegfried KracauerGerman writer and critic
- Siegfried LenzGerman novelist
- Siegfried “Sigi” StritzlYugoslavian,American footballer
Siegfried in Pop Culture
- "Siegfried" opera by Richard Wagner
- Siegfried Farnoncharacter in James Herriot's "All Creatures" series