English"marshy land near the sea"
Seymour Origin and Meaning
The name Seymour is a boy's name of English origin meaning "marshy land near the sea".
Out playing shuffleboard at his condo and not expected back for several generations -- unless it morphs into a girls' name, a la Sydney.
20 Names Similar to Seymour
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Seymour.
Lists containing Seymour
Famous People Named Seymour
- Seymour "Sy" Abraham Liebergotretired NASA flight controller
- Seymour CrayAmerican electrical engineer
- Seymour Myron "Sy" HershAmerican investigative journalist
- Seymour CasselAmerican actor
- Seymour HicksBritish actor
- Seymour Martin LipsetAmerican sociologist
- Seymour ButtsPrank Call Character in The Simpsons
- Jane Seymour FondaAmerican actress
- Philip Seymour HoffmanAmerican actor
Seymour in Pop Culture
- Seymour M. TapiroSand Merchant and Babyboy
- Seymour Krelbornmain character in "Little Shop of Horrors"
- "Seymour Stein" song by Belle and Sebastian
- Seymour Guadocharacter in video game "Final Fantasy X"
- Seymour Birkhoffcharacter on TV's "Nikita"
- Principal Seymour Skinnercharacter on TV's "The Simpsons"
- Seymour Glasscharacter in J.D. Salinger's fiction
- Seymourcharacter in the movie "Ghost World"
- Seymourleopard head in "Percy Jackson and the Olympians"
More Lists containing Seymour
- English Names
- English Names for Boys
- 7 Letter Boy Names
- UK Baby Names
- UK Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in R
- Names That Mean Sea
- Names That Mean Land
- Names That Mean Marshy
- Two Syllable Names for Boys
- Names that Peaked in 1924
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.