The name Peregrine is a boy's name of Latin origin meaning "traveler, pilgrim". Peregrine and is often added to lists like Gorgeous Flower Names for Babies and discussed in our forums with posts like "Themed Families..".
From the experts:
Peregrine is considered to be an elegantly aristocratic name in England, but has never made it to the U.S., where it has been seen as extravagantly eccentric. In the new naming climate, though, it's not beyond consideration — in fact it's already been chosen by at least one Berry.
The meaning of Peregrine, which was borne by several early saints, relates to the transitory nature of life on earth, having nothing to do with the peregrine falcon. In literature, it is best known from the central character of Tobias Smollett's novel Peregrine Pickle.
Historically, Peregrine was the name chosen for the first English child born in the New World — actually on the Mayflower when it was docked in Provincetown.
And there's always the Mad Men-era nickname Perry to make Peregrine more user-friendly.
Lists containing Peregrine:
- Gorgeous Flower Names for Babies
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Names with Animal Meanings
- Unique Nature Names for Babies
- Saints' Names For Boys
- Cool Classic Boy Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Unique Boy Names: Unusual and Rare
- Hipster British Baby Names for Boys
- Libra Baby Names
- Delicious Thanksgiving Names
- Pilgrim Names
- Cool Boys’ Names—Rare, Unique and Unusual
- Fancy Boy Names