The name Ottoline is a girl's name of French origin meaning "prospers in battle". Ottoline and is often added to lists like Unique Girl Names: Unusual and Rare and discussed in our forums with posts like "Which would you choose?".
From the experts:
Curiously appealing, in a hoop-skirted, wasp-waisted way, Ottoline has recently entered the realm of modern possibility, especially since Sienna Miller chose it as the middle name of her daughter Marlowe.
Lady Ottoline Morrell was an influential British aristocrat who was a force in the artistic and literary community of her day, patron of such figures as T. S. Eliot and Aldous Huxley.
The Franco-German Ottolie is an equally intriguing option.
Lists containing Ottoline:
- Unusual International Baby Girl Names
- Names with Military Meanings
- Best Girl Names Starting with Vowels
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Unique Girl Names: Unusual and Rare
- Badass Princess Names
- Best One-of-a-Kind Names for Girls
- Names That Mean Warrior