Nessa Origin and Meaning
The name Nessa is a girl's name of Scottish, Scandinavian, Russian origin meaning "headlands, promontory".
Like its cousin Tessa, Nessa -- a shortening of Vanessa or Agnes or Anastasia among other possibilities -- is an attractive nickname that can stand on its own.
20 Names Similar to Nessa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nessa.
Lists containing Nessa
- Streamlined Baby Names
- Russian Baby Girl Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Best Scottish Girl Names
- February Baby Names
- Names That Mean Miracle, Heavenly, or Divine
- Cornish Baby Names
- Unique Girl Names Ending with A
- Nicknames for Baby Girls
- Scandinavian Names
- Jewish Baby Names
- Gaelic Names
- Mythological Names
- Mythology Girl Names
Famous People Named Nessa
- Nessa Maria Vereker ChildersIrish MEP
- Nessa O'MahonyIrish poet
- Nessa DiabAmerican TV personality
- Nessa CareyEnglish biologist and author
Nessa in Pop Culture
- Nessaroseor "Nessa," sister of Elphaba the Wicked Witch of the West in the musical "Wicked"
- Nessacharacter from "Gavin & Stacey"
- Nessaone of the Valar ("angels") from Tolkien's Legendarium
- Nessa Steinmain character of the British miniseries "The Honourable Woman"
- Nessa Holtcharacter from TV's "Las Vegas"
- Nessawater,type gym leader in Pokemon Sword and Shield