Greek"from the sea"
Nerissa Origin and Meaning
The name Nerissa is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "from the sea".
An offbeat possible replacement for the overused Melissa and Marisa, Nerissa was used by Shakespeare for Portia's witty confidante in The Merchant of Venice. Queen Elizabeth has a cousin named Nerissa.
20 Names Similar to Nerissa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nerissa.
Lists containing Nerissa
- Names to Substitute for Melissa
- Shakespeare Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names for Modern Kids
- Unique Girl Names Ending with A
- Names That Mean Ocean
- Pisces Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names
- Unusual, Unique, and Rare Girl Names
- Mermaid Baby Names
- Beach Baby Names
- Nature Names for Babies
- Literary Girl Names
Famous People Named Nerissa
- Nerissa Jane Irene BowesLyon, cousin of Queen Elizabeth II
- Nerissa Bretania UnderwoodGuamanian Senator
- Nerissa Lovelate fiancee of cricketer Bob Blair; portrayed in film "Tangiwai"
- Nerissa NieldsAmerican singer,songwriter of duo The Nields
- Nerissa Corazon SoonRuiz, Filipina politician
Nerissa in Pop Culture
- Nerissacharacter in Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice"
- Nerissavillain on TV's "W.I.T.C.H"
- Nerissathe "little mermaid" from the game series, 'The Wolf Amongst Us'
- NerissaLuxa's frail cousin in Gregor The Overlander
- Nerissawater faerie and the mother of Mark and Helen Blackthorn in Cassandra Clare's books
More Lists containing Nerissa
- Greek Names
- Greek Names for Girls
- 7 Letter Girl Names
- Girl Names Ending in A
- Names That Mean Sea
- Three Syllable Names for Girls
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.